Cuisine : Indian Starter
Serves : 2-3 Pax
- Pao Bread 6 pieces
- Butter 50 grams
- Onion medium size 2 pieces
- Tomato medium size 2 pieces
- Lauki 100 grams
- Kaddu 100 grams
- Green Chilly 2-3 pieces
- Potato 2 pieces
- Green Peas 100 grams
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilly Powder to taste
- Pao Bhaji Masala to taste
- Lemon juice 2-3 tablespoon
- Ginger & Garlic paste 2 tablespoon
- Roughly cut all the veggies except onion and tomato, then cook them inside the cooker.
- After cooling the cooked veggies, mash them with help of Masher.
- Take a thick bottom pan, and vegetable oil, then chopped onion and sauté till it’s golden brown in colour, then add ginger & Garlic paste into it along with all the spices.
- Then add chopped tomato and cook till it leaves oil on the sides. After that add the boiled mashed veggies into it.
- Start cooking at low/medium flame so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Keep cooking till the bhaji gets its colour and fragrance.
- At this point add pao bhaji Masala along with butter and lemon juice.
- After your bhaji is ready, cut the Pao into two from the centre and sauté till it’s golden brown.
- Serve hot with bhaji and salad.
- You can use any veggies you like to add into the bhaji like cauliflower, cabbage etc.
- Make sure the bhaji is cooked nicely so that you can mash them easily.
- The main work in bhaji is to cook it at slow flame so that the flavour of all the spices infuse inside the bhaji
- If you don’t have masher to mash the veggies with the help of round spatula.
- If you also want to bake pao go to the link below