Cuisine: Indian Main Course
Serves : 2-3 Pax
- Golden Seila Rice double chabi 500gms
- Onion 500 grams
- Tomato 100 grams
- Chicken with Bone 500 grams
- Dahi 200 grams
- Mustard oil 2 tablespoon
- Ginger-Garlic paste 2-3 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Garam Masala to taste
- Red chilly powder to taste
- Coriander powder to taste
- Desi ghee to brush the pan
- Rose water for fragrance (Optional)
- Whole spices like Cinnamon, cardamom, pepper corn, bay leaf, clove 2-3 pieces each
- Refined Oil for Cooking
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Soak the rice for minimum 1 hour then boil it adding the whole spices and salt.
- Drain the water of the rice after boiling and keep aside.
- Cut the onion in Jullians (Long Cutting) and fry till golden brown.
- Marinate the chicken with all the spices, mustard oil, ginger & garlic paste and curd, keep aside for minimum 30 min.
- Then take a pan, put little oil the start cooking the chicken, then all the golden brown onions, then add the ginger and garlic paste and then tomato purée in it.
- Cook for 15 min till chicken gets tender. Cover if needed.
- Then Take a thick bottom pan and brush it with ghee or Oil, put first layer of rice then the cooked chicken layer and then again layer of rice.
- Put brown onions and coloured rice on it then Cover it with aluminium foil and cook for 10min on low flame (Also known as Dum)
- Open the cover garnish with mint and rose water
- Serve hot
- Make sure you use Seila rice, its best for biryani and it doesn’t break so best for beginners too
- If you using basmati rice, cook it 50% and 50% will be Cooked in Dum
- You can use boneless chicken too but best is with bone only
- Make sure the onion turns brown not black, cook on low flame when they are cooked 80-90%
- The main thing is the flavour so cook with love.