Cuisine: Mangalorian Cuisine
- King Prawns cleaned 15pcs
- Onion, chopped 1pc
- Tomato, chopped 1pc
- Ginger, chopped 1pc
- Garlic Flakes, crushed 3pcs
- Green Chilly, Chopped 2pcs
- Mustard seed 1pc
- Curry Leaves, few springs
- Dry Red Chilly 7-8pcs
- Refined Oil 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander seeds, roasted 2tsp
- Cumin seeds, roasted 1tsp
- Mustard seeds, roasted 1/4tsp
- a pinch of Fenugreek seeds, roasted
- Fresh Coconut, grated 200gms
- Tamarind paste 50gms
1 Clean the prawns well by removing its head, shell and deveining it. Keep aside.
2 Grind all the ingredients under dry paste, except for the grated coconut and tamarind. Make a fine powder. Now add the rest of the ingredients and grind again until you get a coarse dry coconut paste. Keep aside.
3 Heat oil in a kadai. And when its hot enough add mustard seeds, garlic, dry red chili and curry leaves.
4 Add chopped onions and sautee until translucent. Add green chili and ginger, give a stir.
5 Now add chopped tomatoes and let it cook for 5 mins until they become soft.
6 Add cleaned prawns, turmeric and salt to taste. Mix well.
7 Add half cup of water and stir. Close the lid and cook the prawns for another 5 -6 mins in medium flame. Add more water if needed.
8 Once gravy is thick, add the Dry coconut paste and mix gently.
9 Cook for about 2-3 mins. Turn off the gas. The prawns will be well coated with this dry coconut paste now.
10 The hot and spicy Prawns Sukka is ready to be served.
11 Serve hot with garnish of curry leaves
Note: If you don’t eat Prawns you can cook the same recipe with Boneless Chicken or Cottage Cheese
Cuisine: Continental Dessert
- Refined Flour 250gms
- Butter 250gms
- Gelatin powder 100gms
- Lemon 2pcs
- Grapes, Mint leaves for Garnish
- Sugar 100gms
- Tart Moulds
- Mix the maida and butter with hands
- Put it on the tart mould
- Preheat the over for 15min at 170 degree centigrade
- Place the Tarts inside the oven and cook for 20min
- Take them out and let them cool
Lemon Mixture for Tarts
- Soak the Gelatine in Luke warm water
- Take a thick bottom pan and boil water adding sugar and lemon into it
- As the water get boiled, switch the gas off add Gelatine and mix properly to avoid lumps
- Let it cool
- Then pour the mixture into the Tarts and keep them into the fridge for minimum 20min
- Garnish it with Lemon, Grapes and mint and serve
Note: In place of lemon if we use Strawberries or blueberries we can prepare different tarts with same method